Review of Software:
- A/B Testing
- Facebook and Instagram Ad Campaigns
- Signup Forms
- Forever free plan
- Low price regular plans
- Pay as you go plans
- Marketing automation
- Social media ads
- Professional looking templates
How to Set-Up:
Free account set-up asks for email, username, and password. After that, you will gain access to MailChimp.
How to Use:
There are ad and campaign options with MailChimp. For this example, we will click campaign which gives these options; regular email, automation, A/B testing or plain text. We chose regular email. The A/B test email allows three versions of your email. Enter the campaign name, and then you are brought to the list or recipient screen with these 3 options:
- Entire list
- Saved or Pre-built
- Group or New segment
You will enter the campaign info which will include the subject, preview text, to and from email, option for personalized name entry, tracking, and social media options. After completing that section, it’s time to pick a template.
There are eight basic layouts to choose from, themes, saved templates, previous campaigns and code your own, options. Themes are the pre-designed templates, which I chose. There are about 90 templates from which you can choose. Once you click on the template of your choice the three tab options in the drag and drop editor are displayed: Content, Design, Comments
- CONTENT blocks options: text, boxed text, divider, image, image group, image card, image + caption, social share, social follow, button, footer, code, and video insert.
- DESIGN tab includes Page, Header, Body, Upper Columns, Lower Columns, Footer, Mobile Styles, MonkeyRewards. Monkey rewards?? That’s the badge that is required to display in the footer. Additionally, you have a choice of logo designs from which you can pick. So, within these design, tabs are all the editing options for colors, spacing, borders, line height, font size, alignment, padding, links, etc.
- COMMENTS tab is for when you send an email test to any collaborators, and they have the opportunity to input their thoughts right on this page instead of outside the platform in an email which is what other email services have.
Once you complete the campaign design you can preview and test, save as a template, save and exit or confirm and schedule/send your email.
MailChimp has three pricing structures.
- New Business: forever free.
- Growing Business: starting at $10 per month.
- Pro Marketer: additional $199 per month.
Forever Free Plan: Up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month.
Growing Business Plan: Unlimited sending, advanced testing tools, 1,001-2,600 subscribers and unlimited sends ranges from $20-$35 per month.
Pro Marketer Plan: Additional $199 per month above the Growing Business plan. This plan includes targeted marketing, comprehensive testing, live customer support, stop delivery and more.
All in all, MailChimp is a competitive player in the email marketing space. It’s Forever Free plan is a real draw, but the lack of live customer support makes getting a campaign with issues a real drawback. Because the ad campaign feature is not a standard feature with other email marketing software companies and could move Mailchimp up a few notches. We hope you enjoyed our Mailchimp review.
In addition, the following list of resources are offered by MailChimp.
- Marketing Automation Essentials
- What’s In Store
- Resources for Partners